Thursday, February 3, 2011

Strawberry/Cherry Chip Valentine's Bars

These bars are my absolute favorite so it's odd that I never seem to make them more than Valentine's day! Last night I needed to get off the couch for a bit so I hobbled around on one leg and crutches to make these. My hubby was working on some remodeling and frequently ran in to check on me because he heard things falling. The recipe is super easy but still took me a lot of energy and a lot of time with one leg out of commission!


I didn't take pictures of the process but do have a finished look. They taste a lot better than they look! :)

You will need:
1 box of cherry or strawberry chip cake mix
2/3 cup melted margarine
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 package of caramels
chocolate chips

Mix together the cake mix and melted margarine. Press 1/2 of the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake the crust for 6 min in a 350 degree oven. Melt the caramels and evaporated milk. Pour over crust and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Crumble remaining cake mixture on top and bake for an additional 12 min.

1 comment:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

This looks super easy and tasty, too. Cherry chip is the go to cupcake flavor in our house, so I will definitely have to try this! Hope you back on both feet in no time.