Sunday, January 9, 2011

Buying a Fixer House=Too much work!

I feel like I have fallen off the face of by blog! Recently we started remodeling our entry so the creativity has taken a small dive. I also started a new Interior Design job this week that makes my life a little busier than normal.

When we bought our home we knew it would need a lot of work....but we were up to the challenge and wanted to personalize it. Turns out this is a WHOLE lot more work than expected. We have gotten most of our main level to a good living standard and now are moving into the entry. It used to have 2 unnecessary doors from the entry to the stairs and made for a HUGE hassle to grill, bring in groceries, and function. We decided they had to go.


Remodeling in our house works great. My husband loves to destroy...and I love to make it look better. Except that we both hate the mess and work!


So the walls came down and the drywall went up! (with the enlisted help of some friends and family) We added a coat closet, more outlets, new doors...and that's where we're at. I'm on the hunt for more inspiration to organize this new entry--link up in a comment if you have a great idea.

I'll try to return with more creativity now that the major parts of our remodel are out of the way!

No comments: