Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Garlic Quick Fix

When I was younger, my mom always had this weird container of goofy gunk in the fridge. Every time that you went to open the butter container, about 1/3 of the times it would be the 'wrong butter container.' Ya see, she made garlic butter with a butter container when it got down to about 1/2 cup left in the container. I thought she was crazy but now even by husband is addicted.

When I lived on my own before I got married I lived on 'gourmet grilled cheese.' All my roomates were addicted. I used my garlic butter concoction and it was super delicious! Now I've upgraded to a glass pyrex container so I know which container to grab but we still always use it.

This mix is perfect for a 'gourmet grilled cheese' with tomato soup, a quick remedy for garlic bread (spread some on bread, sprinkle with shredded cheese and pop in the oven for about 7 min), and any type of panini. 


Garlic Butter Concoction:
Start with about 1/4 to 1/3 cup butter

Add the following spices:
     1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
     1 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash original
     1/2 tsp thyme
     (I'll sometimes add more depending how it smells)

Mix it all up and pop back in the fridge for the next time you quick need garlic bread. Sometimes it will separate in the fridge but just stir it up again and it's just like new.

No comments: