Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Piece of my Home

In every house there are the little spots, vignettes, areas that are more near and dear or favorite than others. My hubby and I have things all over our home that are important to us as a couple and things we both cherish. But, after decorating for Christmas there is one spot that makes me smile every time (and it's right by our bedroom door so it makes me smile quite a bit).



This little spot just has a few things that mean a lot to me. The silver tree came with me all through college and now found a permanent place in a real home. It's had all sorts of color schemes and seen a lot. The ornaments are vintage ones that I've collected for as long as I can remember.


I love the picture of my dad walking me down the aisle at our wedding. It's candid and we both look so natural and legitimately happy. It's one I'll cherish forever and keeps a special place on our bedroom dresser.


The 'catch-all' bowl/plate I took back to the states from Australia a few years ago. It's real mother of pearl and I snagged it for a steal along the ocean since this precious stone there is like dirt here in the Midwest.

The holidays are the perfect times to reflect on memories made and to be made. In my first 'real home' as a married woman it's amazing to have a space of my own to decorate for my hubby and I that we will cherish forever. I hope and pray that you and your family are making memories every day.

No comments: