Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My First Refashion (ever)

Blogland is full of of creative people turning one thing into another. They always seem to be the weirdest/ugliest things that turn out incredible. Well I was a little jealous of this talent that you all have so I had to try my hand at it.

I've been following Kathleen over at Grosgrain. She is doing a "Knit Embellishment Month." Every day she refashions a sweater with a fantastic tutorial, and I have to say that they are all stunning! I wish I had enough sweaters to cut up. (My second hand stores must not be as good as the secret ones she has ;) ) The other day I had just packed up a box of clothes to donate when I read this post. I was totally inspired since I knew I had just packed up a sweater to donate that I knew would work!

This is the ugly sweater that it started with, it was about 3 sizes too big and hit me in all the wrong places. (Don't mind the pile of unfinished projects in the corner, I really need a 40' countertop to pile them on!)


This is my spin on her refashion. I was pretty impressed myself and now it's my favorite 'fall back' sweater when I want something comfy to throw on that I know will look cute. Thanks for the inspiration Grosgrain, I might have to try more!

No comments: